Hello, I am Arshia Arya, currently a Research Fellow at Microsoft Research, India. I work in the broad area of Computational Social Science and Human Computer Interaction. I am interested in the interaction of users with social media and the general news media in terms of online engagement, misinformation circulation and other applications.
I will be applying for PhD for Fall’2023 and looking to interact with people working in similar domains!
|Sep 1, 2022||Served as a Program Committee member for ICWSM 2023|
|Jan 1, 2021||Taught a course on Introduction to Causal Inference for BITS Pilani Goa Campus Centre for Technical Education|
|Jul 1, 2020||Selected to attend Google Research India’s AI Summer School|
|May 1, 2020||Co-founded BITS Goa Women in Tech. Read our story on why we started!|
|Jan 1, 2020||Selected to work on a sponsored project with TCS Research on Causal Machine Learning.|
- SubmittedCatch, Corroborate and Communicate: The Contours of Professional fact checking in Indiasubmitted 2022
- SubmittedVivaran: A News Aggregation Framework for Organization Level News Consumptionsubmitted 2022
- COMPASSPoster: Leveraging Question Answering to Understand Context Specific Patterns in Fact Checked Articles in the Global South2022
- ACM Web ScienceNarrative Building in Propaganda Networks on Indian Twitter2022
- ICWSMDISMISS: Database of Indian Social Media Influencers on Twitter2022
- arxivClosed Ranks: The Discursive Value of Military Support for Indian Politicians on Social MediaarXiv preprint arXiv:2204.03098 2022
- COMPASSBeyond Business: A Poster Contrasting CEO Activism on Social Media in India and the United States2021
- arxivRihanna versus Bollywood: Twitter Influencers and the Indian Farmers’ ProtestarXiv preprint arXiv:2102.04031 2021